The Chartered Institute of Public Relations National Conference 2016 took place on 22 November 2016 at the Barbican Centre, Silk St, London, EC2Y 8DS.
This conference attracted a wide range of PR professionals including representatives from the public, private and not for profit sector.
“Breaking Through the Noise” – The current political and economic climate in Britain is at least in part due to a failure in communications. Have we as a nation and a society undervalued the role of PR? What role can PR and communications play in rebuilding of Brand Britain? What changes will we see in the way PR is practised in the future and what role the PR profession play in ensuring that vital messages are communicated in a world of fragmented media?
The conference featured 8 of the UK and Europe’s leading PR and Marketing Professionals, including:
- Alex Aiken – Executive Director for Government Communications, Cabinet Office
- Antonia Bance – Head of Campaigns and Communications, TUC
- Colin Byrne – CEO UK & EMEA, Weber Shandwick
- Peter Cross – Communications Director, John Lewis
- Claire Foster, Chart.PR, Dip CIPR, MCIPR – Deputy Head of News, Direct Line Group
- Nora Senior – Hon. Immediate Past President , British Chambers of Commerce
- Catherine Turner – Head of Consumer Services PR & CEO Comms , Co-op
- Alexandra Willis – Head of Communications, Content & Digital, All England Lawn Tennis Club